Friday, January 1, 2010

The Last day of the year

I wokeup feeling happy and not having a single clue as to what my New Years plans were. For the first time in years I had no idea what I was doing for New Years and it kinda made me smile. Ususally on New Years I'm either in Vegas or New York City but this year I decided that the way I want to celebrate my New Year is the way I want to live my next year, I orginally planned to honestly dress up for myself, drink a good glass of wine, and watch the ball drop in Time Square or I wanted to spend it with someone that means a lot to me. Sometime in the afternoon I decided to text one of my bestest friend's of many many years and greatly enough she had no plans. She loved the idea how of staying home and celebrating just us.
I then went to "my" private beach in Malibu. It was a beautiful day out and I wanted to go to my one of my favorite places in the world and write my New Year resolution and reflect on the past year. I always go to the McDonald's across the street and get a Hazelnut iced coffee and a large fries, but this time I also decided to get 3 sugar cookies as well.
As I sat down and found a spot, I had called my mommy in Israel to wish her a wonderful New Year, tell her how much she means to me and how much I loved her, I noticed this homeless man. Now I've been coming to this beach for a few years now and there is always this homeless man there that hangs around. He has these terrrrrrible open wounds all over his legs, its so bad that when you look at it, you literally feel the blood rush to your head.
After I got off the phone with her I looked over at him, I couldn't eat anymore, and felt so horrible that I wanted to give him my food and try to help in any way I can. I saw him reading a book and was so curious as to what he was reading and I guess at the same time surprised that he still can and does read.
When the time came to leave I was contemplating on weather I should just go up to him and give him the food, or maybe leave it near the trash can so that I dont make him feel as though I'm belitting him or make him uncomfortable.
I decided that I'm just gonna put it near the trash can and as I got ready to leave, he said "Happy New Years to you!", I looked at him with such shock that although homeless, he still knew the date and year. I smiled and said "Happy New Years to you too!" he thanked me and said "G*d bless u", I then said "Can I ask you something.... what happened to your legs?" He told me that he had an accident and it just spread. He then asked me if I believed in G*d and I said of course. He told me that his leg got infected 9months ago and that he was gonna die, he had no doubt about it. He knew his life was ending. He told me that since that day he prays everyday to G*d and that he reads the Bible everyday and just prays, and slowly it has been going away. These wounds seriously were all over his lower part of his legs, whines about 6 inches long! He had also told me that he was Jewish and that his mom had survived the Holocaust and that he was born in Jerusalem in the 50's and said that if he's mom had survived the Holocaust that he could survive this. It was just amazing to me. I kinda told him about law of attraction and to picture his leg the way it was before and to keep praying and it will go away. I also told him about this story that I saw in the news a few days ago about a boy maybe 14years old that had gotten 65% of his body burned by his classmates. This boy was told that he was gonna die and if he survives that he will never be able to walk again. This happened on Oct.12th if I remember correctly. His mom told her son that she doesnt want to know what in details happened to him but that she just wants to focus on the positive and the present time, rather then the negative past. She asked all close family and friends to keep praying for her son. Surely enough this boy was able to walk out of the hospital by Christmas! amazing mircale! I believe in them! and just speaking to this homeless person that showed me that half of his leg is healing and telling me that he is already starting to burely feel any pain made me want to cry with a smile.
As I was gonna leave, very causally I asked if he wanted the food because I wasnt hungry and I dont want to throw it away, I could tell he felt a little unsure of what to say and then said yes. I gave it to him and wished him true happiness. He thanked me for taking the time to recognizing his exsistance, for my kind words and stories, and blessed me.
As I walked away, I turned around one last time and saw him eating the food super fast as though he hasnt ate his entire life. I couldnt help but burst into tears.
He changed my life and really touched me. =*)

I then went to Barnes and Noble because one of my New Years resolutions is to read 10 pages a day from a book. Think about it, 10 pages a day is nothing! But think of a month, 30 days, reading 300 pages a month is like reading at least 12 books a year. Most people havent even read 5 books since they finished High School for there own enjoyment. You'd be surprised.
So I took it upon myself to educate myself even more than I already know! One of the books I picked up was "The Wisdom of Judaism", I'm excited to read it! The other was Kabbalah for Dummies and on my way out I saw a little box on discount that read "THE EARTH BOX: Be a Planet Hero" I got that too =)
Funny enough I opened it today and it has a book in it that's called "Planet Hero! 365 Ways to Save the Earth"! Law of attraction. How ironic is that! =D

I ended up having a wonderful New Years. I watched the ball drop in Time Square. I then went to Shelly's house, where I made us 2010 headbands from a used poster she had and cut out the handles of a Urban Outfitter's bag put some eye shadow on it to make it shine, and waaalaaaa! 2010 headhands! Its about Recycling!
We baked a cake, had some wine, took many pictures, and laughed till our stomachs hurt! It was wonderful! I couldnt have done it any better. No club, city, or party was better then spending the night with someone I care and love so much.

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL!

"If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

No comments:

Post a Comment