Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 3

Hiiiii!!!
Well tonight was an interesting night. I was working all day and decided to met a friend at our usual cafe shop. At around 11:06pm I had this random idea, of going to see Avatar. I quickly searched showtime and found a 11:40pm in City Walk. We were in Santa Monica and it was already 11:17pm. We rushed to pay the check and ran out of there! We drove 2 separate cars and decided that it would be fast if I parked my car near the freeway in Sherman Oaks.
I parked my car somewhere on Ventura and I got into his car. When we were on the corner of Ventura and Van Nuys, we sat at a red light. For a second I saw a homeless man sitting on the sidewalk about 3 lanes over, I had this crazy idea of running out of the car while waiting for the light to turn green and giving him $4, there were no cars in the streets so I figured it would be perfect! But the moment I had taken out the money the light turned green =(
We rushed to the theater like two robbers, speeding, running through the parking lot and across City Walk, it was already 11:48pm and as we get to the box office they tell us there is only 1 seat left! I was in shock and of course highly doubted the fact at there is just ONE seat left! I asked to speak to the manager and he was kind enough to let me check the theater for seats. As I figured, there were a few seats opened but all random. My friend saw a few opened seats and told me to seat in them, meanwhile he went to pay and get me 3D glasses.
When I got there, this one guy told me that he was saving these seats for his friends, I was annoyed that he was saving 6 seats and the manager told me I can sit there, so I told him that and sat. His friends came by a few mins later and sat down. Then about a minute later, another guy comes up claiming that he went to get food for him and his girlfriend and now has no seat. He started arguing with the guys and they were arguing with me. DRAMA in the theater!
I am naturally a stubborn person who will stop at nothing to get what she wants, but I felt sooooo bad! This guy ended up moving to the very front row with his gf. I think the part that got to me, is that he so reasonable and sweet. I started feeling so bad that I actually started to physically feel it. I couldn't focus on the movie, all that was going through my mind on repeat was "poor guy! I'm such a bitch!" 15mins later, I got up and told him to move back to his originally seat and left the movie.
It sucks to drive 30miles to a sold out show, but I couldn't enjoy doing something on someone else's misery. So we left. I ended up getting a free movie pass and our money back! =D turned out to be a pretty cool deal after all.

On the way back to my car, I decided that if the homeless person is still there, that I would get him some In&Out. When we drove closer to him we realized he wasn't homeless hahahaha! He was just a hippy with his guitar! I was bombed out, but the moment I was about to give up, fate came to me!
I saw a homeless lady! I screamed out loud YESSSSSSSSS!!!! haha ;)
We ended up getting her 2 hamburgers (1 for today & another for tomorrow), fries, and then I went to the gas station and got her chips, crackers and a big water bottle because I figured it would be more useful then a cup of coke that would go bad in a day, plus hellllo people! RECYCLE! That's what its all about!
I got out of the car and gave it to her and she wished me a Happy New Year and blessed me. She had the biggest smile on her face ever! =D It was wonderful!

Tonight I also managed to actually write Oprah a letter about my project!!!
YUPPPP! I decided today that I'm gonna be on the Oprah show this year! You shall all see!
The tricky part about writing her, was that I can't use over 2000 letters! Do u know how hard that is!?!?! Let me tell u! It took me 2hours if not more! My original message to her was 5532 letters! I had to do alot of editing. 2hours worth. Notice how I wrote "worth" because it was all worth it.
Off to bed, ta ta!

"We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them." -Kahlil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment