Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 15

Yesterday I had a pretty busy day, it was Friday and I was running around doing errands all over Los Angeles, from the Valley, to Hollywood and Westwood, and then I had to work until late. Kinda makes me sad to know that I didn't do any research today, I feel weird all of a sudden not doing it for a day. :)
However, late at night when I went to Ralphs, I did get the chance to donate to Haiti.
I also managed to set up two volunteer dates at the Ronald McDonald House for this coming Tuesday and Thursday morning! I'm sooo excited about this! Ya'll have no idea! I'm glad I finally get to do some hands on helping. I feel as though its more effective in my eyes. So hopefully if all goes well and I manage so to start waking up earlier in the morning, then I will set a schedule with the Ronald McDonald house to volunteer twice a week.
Yesterday I came across a few homeless people sitting outside of Rite Aid and I REALLLLY feel like I NEED to go to P.A.T.H. Shelter and get some of there business cards to pass out to each homeless person I see, I think that would be very effecting. They have a toll-free number on it and where ever this person in need is they will come and pick them up and bring them to the shelter. At the minimum they can take a nice warm shower, clean clothes and some food and leave if they dont feel comfortable sleeping there. I will do this sometime this week and see what help I can give the center.
That's all I really have to say about yesterday. I'll be leaving you here with one of my all time favorite songs by Jewel "Hands"
Have a lovely day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfsS3pIDBfw

2 comments:

  1. hey, just read you on boring_people. Hope you don't mind if I drop in from time to time because I totally agree with everything you wrote in your profile on the side there.
    Homelessness... there is no excuse for it.
    You know there's a phrase " A puppy is not just for christmas"?
    Well it bugs me when there are currently campaigns saying
    " Give a person a home for christmas".
    I live in the UK and we have that here.. it's like..people pay 10 GBP and get someone off the streets for one night only - what about the rest of their lives???
    And I've helped out in shelters and know that the best thing would be for governments to make homelessness illegal.
    Penalize landlords, relatives, friends, anyone who turns someone out on the street for cruelty and harm against humanity.
    So I was wondering... do you maybe want to start a petition??

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds interesting...
    well i have spoken to a few homeless ppl in my years and some honestly like being homeless. i know that sounds totally crazy but a few have said that to me. yet u do have the other half that everyone turned their back on, i dont necessarily believe it should be illegal because I'm exteremly free spirted and believe that everyone deserves the right to have the freedom they want. However, I do feel that homeless shelters should be alotttt moreeee advertised. I actually wrote about a great homeless shelter that does a 6month program with the homeless, u should read about it.

    ReplyDelete