Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 18

Today was Martin Luther King's birthday, what an amazing world leader. I haven't watched his speech in many years, probably since I was a kid in school, so today I decided to watch it. Just in the very few seconds before the speech you get to see the amount of hundreds of thousands of people, gathered around all because of a single man who had a dream. It's just incredible and empowering. wow. It keeps me reminded that dreams are not just an illusion at night but can ALL be created.
Here are some of Martin's most favorable quotes of mine:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
"All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence."

I gotta tell ya, I'm REALLY LOVIN this rain in Southern California. I love the rain! It's so refreshing!...and of course, good for the planet! I hope it helps my flowers at the park grow faster that I planted! I really need to check up on them when it stops to rain.
My mom told heard on the news that 2 weeks before or after a Lunar Eclipse, there is always a HUGE Earthquake! I actually researched it earlier and it's true, kinda insane! LOOK IT UP! LOOK IT UP! Tonight I once again donated $10 through text to Haiti today. It's estimated that 200,000 have lost their lives and 1.5 million ARE HOMELESS!!! Still wishing there is more I can do. However, I did find it wonderful that even 5 days later, they are finding survivors. I saw a story about 2 people trapped underneath a supermarket and actually survived off of food they found. It took the rescue team 26hrs to get them out but it came them hope for more. These are indeed rare cause but its great to see they exsist, once again anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment