Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 14

A picture is worth a thousand words, but what about 729 pictures?
I just went through 729 photos on Yahoo of Haiti 7.0 Earthquake aftermath, one by one, reading almost all the description. I had so much to say while going through them that I feel like I'm at a lost of words right now.
I'm extremely tired and not feeling so well, so I wont get into my whole entire theory and thoughts of the situation but I'll give you a bit of my thoughts....

Of course this is a complete terrible, horrible, shocking, heart breaking crisis our Planet has seen but I'd like to focus right now on the more positive that's going on. I know that it is "required" from the world to contribute but I do find it quite beautiful. As I was going through the photos, I got to see all the different rescue team and humanitarian aid kits being loaded on planes from all different countries such as Canada, Brazil, Jordan, Italy, China, France, and more. Obama has offered 100 million dollars in immediate earthquake aid and every element of US power to help them. Currently there are 9000 people from different countries actually in Haiti helping and that's just beautiful.
In the 1999 Turkey Earthquake crisis, my uncle was actually a very highly ranged Commander in the Israeli Defence Force and was literally in charge of ALL soldiers from Israel that went to help in Turkey. So I do have the knowledge of knowing what the duties are for the rescue teams and it's truly heroic.
I was looking at photos of people going under torn down building, looking for survivors, looking for some hope. People holding and hugging lost babies, children, and even adults. THOSE ARE THE REAL HEROES!!!! The people that dont give up and look at every centimeter for a living soul and dont give up! I really do think they deserve a gold metal *star* for being heroes.
The biggest way to help right now is to PRAY and if you can, donate.
I can't stress enough how effective and important praying is at a time of crisis, having faith and believing. Praying is a spiritual donation. It's all part of the Law of Attraction. Let's pray for MORE LIVES. SURVIVORS. UNITY. LOVE.
I know that many people have been donating, there are soooo many different ways available to donate to this crisis. Earlier today I texted HAITI to 90999 and it donated $10 to the Red Cross and it even gives you optional text messages on updates. Even donating a $1 makes a difference! The United States has the 3rd largest amount of population in the world, if ever person donated just $1, we would be able to donate $308,487,000!!! What a powerful impact!
In general I find it amazing how so many people from different cultures, religion and countries are coming together to help one country. one reason. These acts of kindness on such events, should prove to the world how many people really do care about humanity.
There are an estimate of 100,000 lost lives, please don't sit around and do nothing, get involved.
I also would like to point how blessed I feel. It's at times like this that I learn to always appreciate even MORE my life and what I was given. No one was given the "perfect" life but it's all what you make of it, not necessarily the big things, but MORE IMPORTANTLY the small things. It's the little things that you do everyday that make you a better person, the things that you notice more and improve in yourself.
I used to be a person of very short temper. I'm sure it's still deep in me somewhere and of course I have my pet peeves at times, but for the most part, its crisis and events like this that makes me laugh at my stupidity at times and say to myself whooooo careesssss. I can honestly say that in last few weeks I'm more easy going, I dont get mad at things that used to upset me, I just kinda go with the flow. I'm less picky now and pick my battles wisely. It's so much more pleasant to just smile then to sit have my hands folded with a frown. Turn that frown into a CLOWN =D

I will provide more websites for donations for this crisis for those who are interested. But if you cant afford to donate in $, praying is also a form of donation.

RIP.
G*D BLESS.


Text: HAITI to 90999
http://www.google.com/relief/haitiearthquake
http://www.networkforgood.org/?source=YAHOO&cmpgn=HMPCRS

No comments:

Post a Comment