Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 24

It's starting to become hard to save the world lol.
I feel like I have taken upon myself a bit much, which I tend to do at times because I like being super woman. It's ok though, I think its good for the soul. I don't feel like I have really done much in the past 2 years in general, so this is completely healthy and good for me. It just gets hard sometimes, I have a full time job at night that usually starts from 7pm or 9pm and then ends anywhere from 1am-2:30am. Then I have my Salt Chalet job which is 3 times a week, from 10am-6pm and thennnnnn I've kinda taken my Volunteering position at The Ronald McDonald House as a part time job as well, which I go to 2-3 times a week for 4hrs-6hrs a day, soooo It kinda crazy at times and sometimes gives me very little time to "save the world". Although volunteering is helping humanity and my Salt Chalet job really involves helping with peoples health, sometimes I don't feel like it's enough.
I also have a really hard time committing to anything and finishing it. I like to get super excited about things and start them with a crazy amount of passion and then it kinda fades away as things get tough, I lose interest and in result, I quit. So this whole project is a harder challenge for me than most people to complete, but I WILL COMPLETE IT.
So this Sunday I worked from 10am-6pm at S.C. and then after my shift I fall asleep in the salt room because I was sooo exhausted from just a busy week. When I got home, I fall asleep for 11hours. I needed to recharge my soul battery.
I did bring into the spa a family and showed them how it works and I researched online a lot. Still trying to find the perfect volunteering program in a foreign country. IT'S SOOOOO HARD!!! It's just a really big commitment and decision to make. I'm the type of person to just do things impulsively, so this time around I'm trying to really think it out.
My mom is currently in Israel and she said that every commercial break they have commercials to adopt Haiti's children that lost their families and are in serious need of a home. I find that interesting and I guess at the same time kinda weird...I mean these are children not puppies. The normal adoption process normal takes up to a year, I don't believe that you can find suitable parents for children who has been through such trauma in such a short amount of time.

"A day will never be anymore than what you make of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment