Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 23

This morning I went to work at Salt Chalet. The owners were having a meeting with the marketing team that they just hired and because they saw how strongly I believe in what we do here they also hired me onto their marketing team which I'm excited about. I met one of the owner's mother, who is a nurse. She was asking me what else I do besides this and I told her all about the Ronald McDonald House. She was very pleased with me and asked me for more information because she would love to volunteer as well. I just love that! It's such a great feeling to have people all the time ask me what I do for fun or what I'm doing and I get to tell them, I feel like I'm making a difference by causing awareness. She gave me her email information and phone number and I sent an email to the manager of the volunteering department about her and another friend that was interested in volunteering. I just cant begin to tell you how happy it really makes me to see people out there getting inspired by my actions and wanting to do the same! It's a true blessing.
I also found the story about the 23 year-old man who survived for 11 days after the Earthquake in Haiti to be miraculous. Just WOW. Do you realize what self discipline, drive, and courage you need to have to survive something like that?!?!?!?
When your feeling the lowest, always remind yourself what someone like that would be willing to do to be in your shoes and remind yourself just how great your life really is.
Tonight I also stopped a group of people from harassing a man who had a little bit too much to drink and passed out on the couch. They were throwing things on him and taking pictures. Most people would like to find this funny but I find it NOT cool at all. I'm not sure anyone who had a lot to drink and was throwing up would like things thrown at them. Although it may appear funny for a few seconds, it's NOT FUNNY. Stand up for what you believe in or for someone that can't. It doesn't have to be someone that you know. Help is universe.


“You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one. Each day is a different one, each day brings a miracle of its own. It's just a matter of paying attention to this miracle.”

No comments:

Post a Comment