Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 30

Honestly it's been nuts trying to keep up with myself =)
Today I went to work once again at Salt Chalet from 10am-7pm and then to my other job from 8pm-1am.
Working at Salt Chalet I really feel as though it's beneficial to humanity. Today I signed up a 3 year old kid with a serious case of Asthma, a long with a 12 year boy with Psoriasis, which btw I'm not quite sure why its spelled with a P? oooh the English language lol. So I really do feel like I'm making a difference. I swear to you, I think these Salt Rooms are just magic! How amazing is it that we have a natural form of healing our breathing and skin by sitting in a room made out of salt with breathing it! AKA *MAGIC*

On a different note, I didn't realize how much paperwork I really need for this Volunteer Program, I mean from Resume, Program Regulations, Safety & Security, picking a Host Families, Passport Information, Emergency Contacts, Health History, Arrival Information, sending a photo of myself and another security deposit check, bank statements, notarized letter, providing references, phone plan, faxing forms, I mean the list basically doesn't end and then of course there is all the other personal things I need to take care of such as flight, my storage, my cell phone plan here, writing letters for grants, I mean honestly its just one big circus, =) but I like it! I think it seems a bit overwhelming because I signed for the Program pretty late and I have to have all of this done by Feb.8th, which is less than a week, meanwhile most of the other people signed up to this program months ago. But on the other end of the scale, I'm crazy EXCITED!!!! I work best under pressure! weeeeeeeee =)

“Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment